Pages var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-1743

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

: i totally want to make that : week 27 : holiday ornaments guest post from royal daughter designs :

hey everybody!
blake and i are headed to iowa today to be with my family for the holidays.
i am super excited.
its always so calm and relaxed at my folks' place. even when i am working, i never feel the 'deadline' pressure.
i get to sleep in a super comfy bed & hang out with my grandma!
and, my sister and i always have a harry potter marathon.
each movie, one after another. [thats a really long time ;)]




are you looking for a great way to promote your shop/blog/brand in the new year?
i would LOVE to work with you.
i am telling you, my blog has grown by 300+ followers in the past YEAR and a ton of that comes from exposure [ADVERTISING!]. if people don't know you exist, they can't follow your journey!
check out my rates here ; and shoot me an email!

today, amanda is stepping in to share a fun [and easy!] holiday ornament tutorial.
its a great way to display fun paper announcements & documents.

here we go :  
_________________________________________________________________________________
One of the things I am especially thankful for this year is that my husband is graduating with his Ph.D. next month! It's been a long five years, and he's finally going to get that diploma, and the title of "doctor" to go along with it!



I designed his graduation announcements and invitations. We had several left over, and I saw this post and was inspired to preserve the invitation in a glass Christmas ornament.


You will need:





I used a Creative Memories paper cutter to cut the invitation into narrow strips of paper.




To curl the strips of paper I wrapped each one around a pen.




I filled the ornament with the curled paper strips, and tied a pretty ribbon for some embellishment.






It will be so much fun to get out this ornament next year and remember the excitement of this year. This is a creative and inexpensive way to preserve invitations for family and friends too. I'm definitely going to keep it in mind for:

wedding invitations
graduation invitations/announcements
bridal or baby shower invitations


(And yes, I use the word "preserve" loosely. I know it's been cut up. But we still have the important pieces of it!)
__________________________________________________________________________________

isnt that fun?
thanks for sharing, amanda.
want more amanda?

*i would love to try this with our [future] adoption announcements!

have a great day, everybody!