[have you been sick yet this winter?]
[i think i am gettin' hammered right now!]
two things before i share my new favorite recipe.
1) did you see this post i authored about body image?
2) and this great giveaway ends TONIGHT!
todays recipe :
quinoa with cranberries and pistachios
serves 2 [as a main dish] // takes 30 minutes
original recipe found here // modifications made by me
what you need :
*1 cup quinoa
*1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
*1/2 teaspoon curry powder
*1/4 teaspoon sea salt
*1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
*2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
*1/4 cup // handful craisins
*1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
*1/2 of a large thinly sliced onion
how to do it :
1) bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan
2) stir in couscous, cover and remove from heat. let stand 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
3) in a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, curry powder, salt and pepper
4) whisk in olive oil in a thin steady stream until dressing thickens
5) add couscous, craisins, pistachios and onion to bowl and toss to combine
6) serve warm or chilled
*i will tell you that this is one of the best things blake has made in months! it was in-cred-ible!!*
happy monday ;)