are you ready for a new week in a new year?!?
i noticed on twitter yesterday, that tons of folks are planning on dieting and fasting/cleansing.
can i just add my 2 cents?!?!
if you are eating whole foods, drinking water and moving your body, you wont need a diet/fast/cleanse.
i think people stress themselves out by dieting and overhauling their lives.
baby steps & whole foods, folks.
so today, i wanted to share a great recipe i found on the vegan stoner.
a few of you have asked what my fave veg sites are, and this one is my absolute fave!
fresh baked granola!
original recipe found here // modifications made by me
what you need :
* 1/2 c natural peanut butter
* 1/2 c agave syrup [i used brown rice syrup]
* 4 tablespoons natural applesauce
* 3 c rolled oats
* 1 c trail mix [i made my own with dark chocolate chips, craisins & walnuts]
how to do it :
1) preheat your oven to 350*
2) melt peanut butter + agave in a pan [medium heat on the stovetop]
3) add in apple sauce [keep stirring!]
4) stir in oats + trail mix
5) once everything is mixed together and coated, spread in a baking pan [i used 9x9]
6) bake for 20-25 minutes!
and that is it.
*when i make these again, i will use agave ; the rice syrup made them taste a bit dry, but they are really great*
*feel free to warm them up for a few seconds and spread a little pb on the top*
these are great for a pre-gym snack or a breakfast bar [make sure you eat some fruit, too ;)]