[well, im sure someone somewhere in the universe has eaten these before...]
i made kale[s?] in a blanket.
ya know, like pigs in a blanket. but no pigs were hurt in this recipe.
kale in a blanket. or, kale rolls, if you think that sounds cooler.
this served both blake and i.
what you need :
*a few handfuls of kale [love kale? add more!]
*2 tablespoons of oil
*dash of oregano
*salt and pepper [to taste]
*packaged french bread or dinner rolls [we use pillsbury simple ; contains no dairy]
how to do it :
1) preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) mix kale, oil, oregano, salt, pepper, & garlic salt in a medium sized bowl. make sure kale is fully coated. if not, add another tablespoon of oil.
3) open rolls. stretch dough in a long rectangle on greased cookie sheet. spray dough with a small amount of cooking oil.
4) in a line in the middle of your dough [do this the 'long way'] place coated kale. [anything that doesnt fit, put on the pan and you can bake them into kale chips] once kale is on the dough, cover kale completely with the dough. [confused? remember, pigs in a blanket. hide the kale with the bread] after you have a 'bread log' cut up into 8-12 pieces.
5) bake for 15-20 min, until the dough is brown and the middle isnt soggy. your kale should be crisp.
this also tastes great dipped/covered in pizza/pasta sauce.