so last night, blake made supper and i made dessert.
[my favorite way to cook]
this past winter, blake and i joined this great csa. and we love it. we get such great fruits and veggies. and we feel so, so great about supporting local and putting only organic foods into our bodies.
last night, blake made this unbelievable salad using TONS of veggies. [i dont remember everything he put on it, otherwise id post it]. he used tons of lettuce, homemade salad dressing [using olive oil, vinegar, cheyenne pepper], fennel, garlic, craisins and other really good stuff.
after we ate, i made this amazing bread.
[seriously. all the reviews were top stars. so good]
Best Ever No Fat Chocolate Banana Muffins
[i modified these from the original]
what you need :
*2 very ripe bananas
*1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
*2/3 cup sugar
*2 egg substitutes [i use two 'glugs' of almond milk]
*1/4 cup almond milk [i use dark chocolate]
*1 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
*1 teaspoon baking soda
*1/4 teaspoons baking powder
*3 shakes of cinnamon
*1 handful of chocolate chips
how to do it :
1) preheat oven to 325* & spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2) in a large mixing bowl, mix together first 5 ingredients (through almond milk) until well incorporated.
3) in a medium bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. dump flour mixture into the wet and stir just until uniformly moist. do not overmix! depending on the type of flour you use, you may need to add a little extra water or milk to reach the right consistency. the dough should be somewhere in between pancake batter and cookie dough.
4) spoon into prepared pan and give it a couple shakes to distribute the batter. place on the middle oven rack and bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes.
5) check the muffins at around 30 minutes. it is done when just starting to brown around the edges and still a little moist looking in the middle. allow to cool 10 minutes before cutting into squares or slices.