Pages var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-1743

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

: guest post from erica of good job mama : the 100 workout! :

hi everybody!
today, i have a workout-themed guest post from erica.
a while back, i saw that she was trying out a new workout and asked if she would write about it.

i really enjoy exercise and i think its such an important part of life. we all have these bodies ; they do so much for us and it really is our jobs to take care of them!

take it away erica!
_______________________________________________________________________________

Greeting loved ones. Come take a journey with me.
No really, please do this with me...
Let me explain.

Hi, how are ya?
My name is Erica from the bloggy Good Job Momma.
This past month I started a challenge on my little blog and I would love for you to join me.

I'm a mother of 2 little girls. Two of the greatest blessings in my life, but those little blessing did a number on my awesome bod. Yeah, apparently having babies changes your body. Who knew?!
::disclaimer:: my body wasn't really all that awesome before children but it was better. :)

Anyway, I think that working out is one of the greatest ways to feel better about yourself!
But let me tell you, I suck at working out.
I could never find something that I liked doing or something that fit into my stay-at-home-mom schedule. I don't have the time or the $$$ to go to a gym.
It's never too late to change though!!

Enter the 100 Workout.


Some of you may have seen this floating around Pinterest (my addiction now).
Well I decided to actually do it!  I've been at it for little bit now and I must say I feel freaking amazing!

I can do this workout while I'm taking a break from being a mommy (aka nap time) and I can do it throughout the day, too! My girls love todo the workouts with me!

(Just FYI: it is hard to do crunches with a 25lb child on your stomach and doing squats when your children are crawling through your legs.) 

I will admit the first 2weeks few days I thought my legs were going to fall off, and my abs hurt when I laughed.
But its such a great feeling!!
Knowing your muscles are aching from a great work out! It still hurts, but I'm getting better. I can take shorter breaks in between each set, and I don't get as easily winded and want to pass out. :)

And if you'd like to add another bit to this challenge, I am trying to cut out all soda! These challenges are meant for September [I know the end is near], but I am thinking about extending it indefinitely! So you'll be able to join me anytime ; with any of the challenges I come up with!


It's amazing how a few simple changes can make you feel so wonderful!
Trust me it IS amazing!

Stop by and check out my progress and while you're at it check out the usual random that goes along with my blog.

Thank you Diana for being awesome and letting be a part of your terrific blog today!!
Happy reading folks! :]
_______________________________________________________________________________

fun!
thanks erica.
right now, blake and i are still training for our half-marathon ; but once that is over, i would love to try this workout!

what do you do to keep yourself healthy?