Pages var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-1743

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

: guest post from jamie : my life on the other side of the world :

hey everybody! 
are you loving all these guest posts as much as i am?
today we have jamie ; she is currently living a billion miles from home and taking incredible photos!
read on. and tell her shes cool!

__________________________________________________________________________________


Tim tams, beaches, and gorgeous views ! Oh My!
Those are just a few of the perks of the country that I am currently residing, call home and cannot resist myself from; 
 
Australia 




And I have this man to thank for it.
My fine looking Aussie man. 



To put it in a nutshell, I was on a road trip with my best friend while he was backpacking through the U.S.  One lucky encounter and  in a New Orleans Hostel and a night out on bourbon street (while I was still 19) brought us together. A couple meet-ups in Canada and I committed myself to moving to Australia with him. And now it's been two years since!


I'm originally from the rural heartland of Wisconsin where the first 18 years of my life were spent eating ridiculous amounts of cheese, avoiding the "packer traffic", and getting days off school just because it was so ridiculously cold (think wind chills of -50F).




Now I'm wearing shorts in the winter, getting excited for snorkeling local beaches, and finding cute little geckos crawling all over. Which is the life,

Although I still miss the cheese.




Now, having a foreign partner does has its... interesting cultural differences(?) . For example the epic battle of which version of english is correct. While I like to partition that American is just English 2.0, he likes to go back to the 'ole, it was this way first therefore its right in regards to British english.




We've just settled by decided whatever country we're in is the correct use. Which  means he wins 90% of the time now and I just roll my eyes.




But after all that, or rather during, we have our fun traveling around Australia and planning trips elsewhere. There is always plenty of journaling, photos and of course blog posts to accompany!




So  without much further adieu, I cordially invite you to pop on over to my blog, Memoirs of a Pilgrim. And don't forget to give Diana some much deserved lovin' when she returns and thank her for letting me plaster my face all over her blog :)

Au Revior!