Pages var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-1743

Monday, October 10, 2011

: vegan meal of the week : week 31 : guest veggie recipe from liz of the blue eyed owl :

happy monday!
today, i have a great fall recipe from my cute friend liz.
take it away! 
______________________________________________________________________________


Hi, I’m Liz, the author of The Blue Eyed Owl, a blog about all things vintage, handmade and my life as mom, wife and indie business owner. I run an online vintage and handmade boutique on Etsy with retail space at The Main Street Antique Mall near my home in Mesa, AZ. 

Diana & I are blog buddies and pen pals! She is always sharing yummy recipes with you and she was kind enough to let me drop in and share one of my own!

My husband and I have several dishes that we like to make in advance and have in the fridge for easy meals and snacks throughout the work week.  Our current favorite is black bean & corn salad.  It's super easy & versatile and the longer it sits in the fridge, the better it tastes!  Take a look..


The recipe is super simple:

2 cans black beans - rinsed & drained
1 can corn - rinsed & drained
1 medium onion - diced
2 celery stalks - diced
1/4 cup olive oil
10 sprinkles rice wine vinegar
sea salt - to taste
cilantro - chopped - to taste

Mix it. Serve it.  

All the ingredients can be adjusted to taste.  We eat this with eggs for breakfast, in breakfast burritos, plain as a salad (sometimes with cotija cheese) or as a dip for chips.  

Enjoy! Hop on over to my blog and let me know if you try it ;)