youve noticed my list of 101 things in 1001 days, right?
well, my 1001 days are up THIS december, which means i have 75+ things to do in 50 weeks ;)
one of the things on my list is to learn to make sushi at home.
this week :
how to make veggie sushi!
[i promise, its SO much easier than you think!]
we got a sushi making kit last year, and we *finally* decided to break it out.
what you need :
*sushi rice [this is NOT the same as traditional rice!]
*your fixings [we used avocado and carrots]
*cold water with a few shakes of salt
*some sort of flat surface to roll your rolls [we used the traditional wooden mat]
how to do it :
1) prepare your sushi rice according to the instructions on the bag
2) roll out your wooden mat//flat surface and lay down a sheet of nori
3) dip your hands in bowl of cold water with salt [to keep rice from sticking] and spread rice evenly over the nori about 3/8 inch thick, covering all but a 2 inch strip along the edge farthest from you.
4) lay fillings in a row at the near edge
5) moisten the far edge of the nori with fingers dipped in water, and roll the mat firmly. remove the mat as you go, and press the wet edge against the roll to seal.
6) place the roll seam side down, moisten knife and carefully slice roll into 6-8 pieces.
it was super easy & we will def do this again.
what are your fave sushi rolls?