Pages var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-1743

Friday, February 24, 2012

: pass it forward : brand new from the SHINE PROJECT :

you know ashley, right?!
shes beautiful. and sparkly. and so incredibly inspiring.



ashley sells shirts & bracelets that benefit scholarships for high school kids.
what started as a small idea has turned into something that has inspired people all over the country.


and she is at it again.
how?
the 'pass it forward' program.

what?
[from ashley] :
Pass It Forward was designed to get people to do little things, everyday, that makes an impact on the community around them. Pass it Forward is designed around a card. Each card is given a unique ID number. Lets say we're at McDonalds, and I decide to pay for the person behind me in the drive through. I'd give the cashier the card, and tell them to pass it along to the next car when the give them the food that has been paid for. I then go home and log into the website that was on the card, and find my unique ID number. I log into it, and add my information... My first name, city, and a description of what I did....
Let's say the person behind me was you, you would pass it forward to someone else, and then would go home and do the same thing. From the very beginning, you will be able to track where your card goes, and how many people you affect just by doing one simple act of kindness.


you have goosebumps, right?!
i am super excited for this.
each month, blake and i volunteer, give to charity and i t r y to pay for people behind me in line.
this idea is so great. so easy. $5 can totally change a life.
think of how amazing the planet would be if you made a conscious effort to make random people smile.

ashley is sending me my very own 'pass it forward' card & i have been dreaming of fun ways to use it.

you want your own card, right?
head over to her blog to find out more!

and tell me : 
how would you use your card?!