i hope you had a great weekend ; i have a super-fun announcement tomorrow! its something we have been sitting on for a few weeks, now ;)
but first, lets talk about food!
banana bread is great to have around the house ; we eat it for breakfast, snacks & dessert!
healthy, vegan banana bread
recipe found here
what you need :
*2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
*2 cups very ripe banana ; mashed
*1/3 cup Medjool dates ; finely chopped
*1 tsp baking powder
*1/2 tsp baking soda
*1/2 tsp cinnamon
*2 Tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water [this is in place of your egg]
*1 Tbsp sesame seeds
how to do it :
1) preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2) in a small bowl, combine ground flaxseed with water. set aside and stir occasionally until it forms into a sticky/gooey texture.
3) in a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon).
4) mash the banana and chop dates. add mashed banana, dates, and flaxseed mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until it turns into a dough.
5) lightly coat a baking pan in nonstick cooking spray. pour the dough into the pan and sprinkle with sesame seeds. bake for 55-60 minutes until edges are golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
we add vegan butter & heat it in the mircowave!