Pages var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-1743

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What do i do with ______?!?

what in the world so I do with parsnips?!?!

so, like I said (yesterday), we are members of rock spring farms csa. right now we are doing a fall veggie share, and in a month we will be doing a winter fruit and veggie share.

one of the reasons I wanted to sign up for a csa is that I don't eat a huge variety of vegetables. I knew that spending a lot of money on unfamiliar foods would make me find creative ways of eating them.

so tonight for supper, Blake made a really amazing squash and polenta dish. he made it up, but maybe he can make up the recipe... we have three parsnips to use, so tonight I cut one up. I peeled it. and cut it into fry-like strips. put them on a cookie sheet with a drizzle of oil and put them in the oven for 30 min. ours turned out kinda limp-y, but they were good.. I'd recommend some garlic salt or cumin for a little more flavor.



all peeled and ready to chop.


chop. chop. chop.


salt. salt. seasoned.


done. eat it. or feed it to your friends.

you should follow my blog. cuz I am pretty neat.