found from this book.
any modifications made by me
what you need :
*1 onion, finely chopped
*2 tablespoons olive oil
*3 cloves of garlic, minced
*2 cups of mushrooms, chopped [i did NOT use these!]
*1 tablespoon chile powder
*1/2 cup quinoa
*1 cup tomato sauce
*1/4 cup water
*4 bell peppers
*1 can black beans [rinsed and drained]
*1 teaspoon maple syrup
how to do it :
1) in a saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in olive oil for 3-5 min, until onions are translucent.
2) add garlic and mushrooms; saute about 5 min. stir in chile powder.
3) add quinoa and tomato sauce, and water, lower the heat and cover, simmer for 20 min.
4) meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 and prepare the bell peppers : boil a pot of water. cut tops of peppers, remove seeds. boil the peppers for 5 min. drain.
5) combine black beans and maple syrup with the cooked quinoa mixture. stuff each pepper with filling and stand upright on a baking dish. pour 1/8 - 1/4 cup [eyeball it to your taste] tomato sauce over the peppers
6) bake for 15 minutes. remove from oven.
only making two peppers?
make all of the mixture and put in pitas for lunch the next day!