[i have been going to bed waaay to late this past week][i neeeed to change this ;)]
avocado + chocolate + donut pan = vegan chocolate avocado donuts!!
[i have been out of control with my donut pan lately ; my donut pin board is here]
last week, i guest posted these two donut recipes ; eggnog & powdered sugar.
and i also posted this avocado sandwich.
[if you are looking for a last minute holiday present, i suggest a donut pan!]
[bought from a LOCAL cooking shop, of course]
chocolate avocado donuts with chocolate frosting
original recipe found here // all adaptions made by me
what you need :
1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1/3 c cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 avocado ; mashed
1 cup vanilla almond milk [we use plain ; unsweetened]
3/4 c maple syrup [if you reduce this, make sure to add more milk]
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
a handful of dark chocolate chips [cuz chocolate never hurt anybody!]
how to do it :
1) grease your donut pan and preheat your oven to 350*
2) mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside. in a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients until combined. dont over mix ; but make sure your avocado isnt lumpy.
3) add your two bowls together
4) pour [or spoon] into a greased donut pan ; bake for 15-22 minutes ; they are finished when they 'spring back' to your touch.
5) remove and let cool.
want some frosting?!
1) take a [small] handful of chocolate chips and melt them in the microwave or the stovetop.
2) add 1/2 cup [more or less, depending on how you love your frosting] powdered sugar
3) add a splash of almond // soy milk
[we dont measure out our frosting over here ;)]
if its too dry, add another 'splash' of liquid.
if its too soupy, add more powdered sugar.
4) once your donuts have cooled, 'frosting' them up ;)