Pages var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-1743

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

: sponsor love : meet karen & paige : [with lots of fun pictures!]


happy tuesday, everybody!
sad news : after a WEEK in the bike shop, we still dont have our bikes!
rad news : you get to hang out with two of my great sponsors today ; paige & karen!
___________________________________________________________________________

tell us : who are you?!


Nice to virtually meet you! 
I'm Paige, the self-employed jewelry designer behind Oh Nostalgia, a collection of vintage inspired gems for everyday wear. I also have a second Etsy shop that features wedding jewelry, Little White Chapel, and a DIY/style blog, Little Nostalgia. 
When I'm not working, you can find me hanging out with my husband, eating spicy food, and watching a lot of HGTV.  



where do you find inspiration?! 
I get inspiration from all over the place: books I'm reading, TV shows, bead catalogues, Etsy treasuries--just about everywhere. This might be weird, but one place I don't get a lot of inspiration from is fashion trends. I prefer to make what I think is awesome, not what's "supposed" to be cool. 
At the moment it's my cup of coffee, but more generally I get squishy about cute animals and babies. 


what advice would you give to an aspiring indie biz owner?!
Focus on what you need to do instead of what everyone else is doing. All businesses are different, so spending a lot of time analyzing somebody else's situation won't be that helpful. Figure out what works best for you and your goals, and don't worry about the rest.     

find paige at all of these great places : 
_______________________________________________________________________

tell us : who are you?!


 


I'm Karen.  I live in St. Paul, MN with my two cats, Jack and Dexter.  When I'm not working in a pre-kindergarten classroom, I like to explore nature and the city, work on loads of craft activities, and spend time with my friends and family.  I also love cooking with my boyfriend (who is potentially the greatest chef in the world).


You can check out my blog KareWares.  I like to document my craft projects, cooking, nature exploration, and show off my super cute kitties. 
My Etsy shop is full of crochet and sewing projects. 
I also have a bunch of Pinterest boards full of ideas for crafts, gardening, cooking, style, and other stuff. 


what blogs & shops have you been loving lately?!
I've been hunting out new blogs that I find through Pinterest and blog sponsors.  I've found a few new ones that I really dig for inspiration, tutorials, and photos.

Merrick's Art  has great tutorials on altering pieces in your wardrobe and outfit ideas.
Oh the Cuteness! is full of ideas for crafts and fashion.
Smudgeville  is my cousin's blog where she shows off her AWESOME knitting & crocheting talents.
Stars for Streetlights is mostly fashion.  I found the blog via Pinterest when I saw an idea for making a shirt from vintage scarves!

I'm always looking for more blogs to follow!  One highlight of my days is scanning through my list of blogs for new writing.

what are you lovin' right now?!
When both of my cats curl up in bed with me on a lazy morning.  Successful completion of a project.  Avocados.  Live music, recorded music, four-year-olds singing at the top of their lungs.  Family, friends, food. 



find karen at all of these great places : 
__________________________________________________________________________
lots & lots of talent! be sure to check out both girls. support handmade & make new friends ;)