today i have a really tasty lunch // dinner dish for you.
blake created it yesterday [which is why he named it 'earth day pasta salad'] & its really great.
when i cook // bake, i like to find recipes that ARENT vegan, and make them work for us.
blake, on the other hand, is really great at picking random things from the cupboard & creating a delish meal!
earth day pasta salad
created by blake // makes 6-10+ servings [great for making a large batch & eating for lunch during the week]
what you need :
*2c whole wheat noodles
*1c israeli couscous [we get ours at trader joes]
*1 large onion
*garlic salt & pepper ; to taste
*2tbsp olive // canola oil
*raspberry vinaigrette [to YOUR taste]
how to do it :
1) chop hazelnuts and pear ; combine in a large bowl
2) add raisins to hazelnut and pear mixture
3) in a large pot cook the noodles, according to the package
4) in a medium pot prepare cous-cous, according to the package
5) sauté onion with a small bit of oil over medium heat ; remove from heat & let cool 2-3 minutes
6) combine noodles, cous-cous & cooked onion to the hazelnut mixture. add oil & raspberry vinaigrette. season to taste.
everybody say 'good job, blake!'