im going to the dentist this afternoon ; ugh. makes my stomach turn just thinking about it.
the last time i went to the dentist [last fall!], i was bawling in the chair when i saw the assistant set out all of the tools.
good vibes this way, please!!
enough about me ; lets talk about saving the planet!
do you know kickstarter?! its one of my favorite sites.
if you have a cool product // idea // goal, you ask random people to help back your project.
when you choose to back a project, you usually get a cool perk [depending on how much you give!] & you are helping someone, somewhere follow an amazing dream.
blake & i have backed quite a few projects [one that actually took our money & closed up shop. RUDE!] but, i definitely believe in small businesses & dream chasing.
today, i wanted to share my top 10 super cool projects that are still looking for funding.
*most close in a few days ; so if you are interested in backing, i suggest you do it soon! [TODAY!]*
i know that a lot of people always think 'oh, this sounds cool, but i dont have any money.. but that reminds me, i need to run to the coffee shop for a $7 coffee.'
i am such a strong believer in good karma AND the idea that just a few bucks can really change the planet.
also, if you donate money and your project doesnt get backed [not enough money raised], you get your donation back!
here we go :
1) YES! this project had me in tears. its a dollhouse. but wait, this dollhouse was created by three woman, all involved with science & math. the coolest part? the girls build this house from the bottom up! its totally customizable, which means the builder is in charge. the opportunities are endless. i really, really love this! their donation page is super inspiring. i highly recommend checking it out.
donate here ; backing ends on june 16th.
donate here [ends july 7th]
3) i LOVE this one! muneca mexicana is raising money to bring her homemade, authentic mexican cooking into storefronts! [some of] her food is vegan friendly. she is based in mesa, arizona & owns a mexican food joint, but wants her food to be available to all.
the coolest part? any donation above $10, she will send YOU some authentic goodies!
donate here ; project ends june 28th
4) KONE coffee filter & brewing system. these smart folks are from portland [not surprised ;)] they created a super high-quality reusable coffee filter [made in the US!] head here to read the entire story ; the product is beautiful.
also, they set out to raise $5,000 & they are already at $85,000!!! think of how many filters they can produce to replace filters that end up in the trash each and every day!!
donate here ; backing ends june 30th]
donate here. [backing ends july 6th]
donate here [ends july 7th]
this is quirky, simple & totally creative. and i also love that it encourages mail! i love sending & receiving mail. also, the more mail, the more post offices we can save!!
an $8 donation will get you a pack of 10 cards!
donate here ; project ends june 19th
donate here ; project ends june 13th!!!!! [they are only $80 away from their goal!!!]
9) another gem out of portland, oregon. they are raising funds to create a social history app for phones. dont live in portland? [me neither], BUT creating an app that teaches residents & travelers about social history is something that could be replicated in all big cities. i would definitely download or pay for an app like this in each city i visited.
donate here ; backing ends june 30th
10) as soon as i saw this project, i was like, 'these folks [also] have to be from portland.' and they are. im telling you, the most inventive & creative folks i have come across have been from pdx!
anyways, kinetic creatures!! cardboard animals with easy-to-put-together parts & a little motor ; so they move!!! what a fun gift or project to promote creativity! they have full gear sets or mechanical turn-handels [depending on which you choose], so they can walk on their own.
$30 gets you your own animal ; anything less than that goes to support this amazing project!
the creators want these animals in youth workshops to promote confidence & building & thinking.
donate here ; project ends june 18th
and a fun perk from ME.
if you back ANY of these projects or any other kickstarter project! [at least a $5 donation], i will give you a 35% off discount code for ANYTHING in my shop!!
once you make your donation, send me an email & i will get you set up!! [dianapantz[at]gmail[dot]com]
*also, there are a few really cute farmers market totes heading to the shop this week!*