Pages var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-1743

Thursday, April 12, 2012

whats in my bike bag

happy thursday!
[its suppose to be 62* today!!]
[hellllo bike ride!]


speaking of biking ; lots of folks share what they keep in their purses, their closets & their refrigerators.
and since i dont wear fancy clothes, carry a purse or have super exciting food in my fridge, i thought it would be fun to share what i keep in my bike bag. [thats fun, right?!]




my bike bag is a timbuk2 & i highly recommend it. its got a side pocket for your lock, a back pocket for computers & its super padded on your shoulders. also, its roll-able ; so it adjusts depended on how much you need to carry. they are a bit pricey [$75+, but i use mine ALL the time!]

in my bag : 
one : first aid kit [whats in it here] two : bike bag three : chapstick [burts bees is my fave] four : extra panitliners [i am not a fan of 'throw-away' feminine products, but it never hurts to carry a few extras, just in case] five : LIGHTS & lots of them. you should always wear one or two more than you think you will need [i also have two lights on my spokes] six : to-do list//inspiration journal seven : whistle [again, never hurts to have it] eight : marker + pens nine : u-lock ; if you want to keep your bike, i suggest a u-lock NOT a cable! ten : sunglasses [even when its not sunny i wear them ; nobody wants a bug in the eye when cruisin' super fast!] eleven : extra tube in case of a flat twelve : ipod thirteen : my helmet [obviously its covering my brain & not in my bag, but you knew what i meant ;)

*if you have any specific gear-related questions or different brands i use ; leave a comment or send me an email* [i never tire of talking about biking ;)]

ride safe, everybody!